Twitter Facebook Linkedin

About Us | Contact

T 01273 724374

Prominence Property has been handling a portfolio of student properties for me during the past four years. I have been very impressed. I receive timely alerts about maintenance issues, workmen and tenants are treated courteously, and the rent comes in on time.
Furthermore, the agency’s owner does careful research on the local rental market, and keeps me advised. He also keeps me apprised of the ever-changing local and national regulations. For my type of rental business, Prominence currently appears to be the best agency in Brighton and Hove.
Dr J PLandlord


We will market, let and manage your property for you if you need us to. We can also advise you and help you to meet your legal obligations as a landlord.

Brighton seafront properties

Marketing your property across Brighton, Hove and the South Coast.

We will market your property on our own website, on leading property portals and in our agency’s window. If you opt for our full management service we will get your property premium listings on major property portals where this is possible.

Vetting tenants

We use our common sense as well as an external credit reference company to check that all tenants are suitable and will be able to pay their rent. All tenants must supply us with a reference from a previous landlord and from their employer or college/university. If it is unclear whether a tenant will be able to pay their rent we ask them to pay for a year or six months in advance or to provide details of a UK guarantor, who we also check.

Tenancy agreements

Our tenancy agreements will protect your rights as a landlord. Written clearly in plain English, they leave no room for misunderstandings and comply with the latest legislation.

Tenant deposits

If you rent property you must legally put the deposit in an independent deposit protection scheme. We are members of Mydeposits and the tenant deposits for all our full property management clients are protected by them. At the end of the tenancy we will claim any deductions for repairs or cleaning and request that the remainder of the deposit be released to the tenants.

Inventories and schedules of condition

You will need to have a detailed inventory to satisfy the demands of the deposit protection legislation. Our team are all trained and experienced in property inspection and will make sure that your inventory and schedule of condition is thorough and precise.


As a landlord you are legally responsible for making sure that the property you are letting is safe for your tenants. We are familiar with the legislation and can advise you on any changes you will need to make to meet the requirements.

Please ask us if you have any questions about any of your responsibilities. We would be happy to advise you, and through our network of local contractors we can recommend or contract a professional to do the work for you.

Maintenance and repairs

You are required by law to keep your rental property in good condition and make any necessary repairs to the structure, the water and heating systems as well as sanitary equipment, which includes basins, sinks, toilets and baths.

Gas safety

Your property needs to be inspected annually by a Gas Safe-registered engineer to make sure that all gas appliances and pipes are safe.

Electrical equipment

All electrical equipment and wiring should also be inspected to verify that it does not pose any risk to your tenants.

Fire safety

You need to carry out a fire risk assessment on your property and take the precautions that are advised to minimise the risks.

Furniture and furnishings

If your property is furnished, all the furniture and soft-furnishings that you provide must meet the Furniture and Furnishing (Fire Safety) Regulations 1988. 

Energy performance certificates

All properties need to have an energy performance certificate for prospective tenants to view. This includes information about the typical energy costs for the property and recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money. You will need to find a local EPC assessor to assess your property.


For resident landlords

If you are a UK resident you need to declare your rental income to HMRC.

For non-resident landlords

If you live outside the UK for more than six months of the year you will need to submit a Non-Resident Landlord form to HMRC so that we can pay you your full rental income without deducting any tax. Ask us, or find out more on the HMRC website.


You need to have building and contents insurance that is specifically for rental properties.

The Property Ombudsman

If you are at any time unhappy with the service we provide to you we hope you will raise this with us. However, if you require independent advice, The Property Ombudsman provides free advice and services to resolve disputes between member agents, landlords and tenants.

For Landlords

For Tenants

What's Going On

Copyright © 2013 Prominence Ltd.
Terms & Conditions

Design :  Neujuice